Friday, November 9, 2012

Chalk Board

My Chalk Board Project

I had seen this on another blog and fell in love with it. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! It was the easiest project ever! I bought a wall mirror from Michael's with a 50% off coupon. The mirror was $60 to start. The chalk board paint was no more than $4. I bought a paint brush and roller from home depot for about $5. I took the mirror off the frame and painted on the first coat of chalk board paint. I waited an hour for it to dry then painted on the second coat. I notices the grooves from the brush marks so I did the third coat with the roller. I really recommend Martha Stewart's chalk board paint. The coverage and quality is great and doesn't leave behind old chalk marks. All in all this project took me a day(only because the dry time is 24 hours). The cost was $40

I can't wait to keep track of my pregnancy with this awesome chalk board...

Belly pics soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment